Tuesday, June 13, 2017

compare this Packard's treatment under the windows to the previous louver look on the Duesenberg




here's the interesting part... it's not a fiber. The owner was telling me it's some material laid on like a cake frosting detail. I don't know how that's possible, when some wood slivers, cane, bamboo, or straw would work pretty well. This Packard happens to be the 1st one Phil Hill restored





I was surprised to see this Packard at the San Marino so long after seeing it at the LaJolla http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/04/this-purple-packard-bucks-boring-paint.html because it belongs to the San Francisco Art Center car collection. I actually recognized it from the rims. I didn't remember the rest of the car, but the purple rims are cool, and stand out.

2 comments:

  1. I think I saw this car at Pebble Beach some 50 odd years ago! (How many purple Packards could Phil Hill have possibly restored, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course if I had read the whole paragraph I might have noticed it was in 1977 instead of 1967! Still I remembered it! (Note to self: read the whole post before commenting. Got it.)

    ReplyDelete